If you weren’t able to catch this movie in theatres over the summer, it comes out on DVD September 19th! The action-packed film is full of exciting adventures and gripping scenes. We appreciate Diana’s strength of character and empathy for others. What does your family think?
- What values guide Diana’s actions? Are her values admirable or not?
- What do you think of the violence in the movie? Is it necessary?
- Compare and Contrast Diana to other superheros. What makes her stand out?
This charming story came out in theatres on August 8th. It follows the story of a young, orphaned girl as she pursues her dream of becoming a famous ballet dancer. Félicie, the heroine, and her friend Victor escape their restrictive orphanage in order to freely live their dreams in Paris. While Félicie’s actions are not always entirely admirable, she does exemplify the courage required in order to chase one’s dreams.
- What poor decisions does Félicie make? What are the repercussions of these actions?
- Examine Odette’s character. What attributes define her?
- Imagine an alternate ending to the movie. What would you change or keep the same?
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul
Silly and lighthearted, this movie provides a quick laugh. However, If you can’t abide some potty humor, this movie isn’t for you. The story follows 12-year-old Greg Heffley’s adventurous mishaps during a family road trip to Granny Meemaw's 90th birthday party. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul has been available on DVD since August 8th.
- Why is Greg so obsessed with getting into a Mac Digby video? Is he overly concerned with what other people think of him?
- When you have an embarrassing moment in front of other people, how does it make you feel? If you witness someone else’s embarrassing moment, what is a good way to respond?
- What do you think of the Heffley’s family? What are the positives and negatives of how they interact with one another?
Here at Brio TV, we have picked a few of our favorite fall flicks to help you organize a family fun night! We have also included a few questions to help prompt family discussion - experiment with media as a platform for conversation!